The Shadow

"Between the idea / And the reality / Between the motion / And the act / Falls the Shadow . . . For Thine is the Kingdom"

07 March 2007

Driving (you) crazy

I have a car again for the first time since poor old Richie was taken off to be scrapped.

It is the second car I have owned.

It is the second car built in the 1980s I have owned.

It is the second Mitsubishi I have owned.

It is the second manual car I have owned.

It is the second car I have owned but not bought.

It is brown with cream panels; the first car was cream with a brown panel.

It's numberplate is nowhere as good as the first car's, but it goes much better.

The challenge: what is a suitable nickname for the Magna? Any suggestions better than Richie Benaud II will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to God, Paul and the people at St. John's Wilberforce.

3 Comments:

At 8:51 pm, Blogger Jonathan said...

Mark Nicholas?

 
At 11:07 pm, Blogger tdix said...

I love it! From now on, said vehicle will be referred to as 'Mark Nicholas' or 'Marky Nicky'.

 
At 6:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh,t-dix-no need 4 marky nicky as canterbury petanque club in close st,a mere stroll along cooks river,past bgolf club...then train back to marrickville station...i say @ next steele park bbq-we stroll down after with uniform+banner!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home