The Shadow

"Between the idea / And the reality / Between the motion / And the act / Falls the Shadow . . . For Thine is the Kingdom"

19 October 2006

To begin at the ending

My time has well and truly come, the writing's on the wall, and soon tdix at USYD will be a thing of the past.

Today I succumbed to sentiment and opened the floodgates of my nostalgia as I passed a uni day in the best possible way: without a single class. There was coffee, a plenitude of puns, small group, a PM, sunshine (and burnt skin), ISM, prayer and a challenging conversation. Farewell to the sandstone stomping ground.

But enough of that. Today also marks the start of The Shadow. My aim here is to take some of the anecdotes and niggling thoughts I encounter and fashion something that provokes thought and entertains. If my previous blog is any sort of yardstick there will be a fair bit of navel gazing and heart bleeding. There will certainly be times when it falls short of what I want it to be, but that is to be expected. This life under the sun is filled with shadows.

Hopefully this one will point to the Light.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 pm, Blogger Matthew Moffitt said...

Nice to see you back in the blogging world tdix.

Grace and Peace,
Moff

 
At 3:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh SLIDESHOW MAN

WAZZUP????????????
SO YOU'RE MOVIN THRU THE RITES OF PASSAGE+ENTERING THE WORK-A-DAY WORLD OF SLAVERY,9-5,GOSSIP+COFFEE...HAHAHAHAHAH!

ANYHOO READ BARCELONA BY ROBERT HUGHES...PLAY YOUR GUITAR+ENJOY THE SENORITAS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home